Ah, the unbearable lightness of buying!
Yes, I got up at an ungodly hour and had three different devices ready reloading the Apple Store until one of them latched on.
After that it was about two taps twice and I was lighter by $2,881.36.
Only one of my three devices made it. The other two, like many others never made it to the store in time. Even the most monetarily successful technology company in the world cannot make a software that can hold under load. How reassuring.
Things I am looking forward to -
- two hours of extra battery life in a not insanely sized enclosure
- a slightly longer 2nd (58mm)lens.
Things I am NOT looking forward to -
- that Face ID thing worries me - I love Touch ID too much
- the oddly long shape of the phone
- the categorically stupid notch
Things I don't care much about -
- wireless charging
- OLED display
- True Tune
More observations when I have this damn thing in my hand in a week.