I am conducting a Photography 101 Workshop as a charity event for my kids' school. Here are the study notes for the workshop.
If these assumptions apply to you then these notes may be useful to you.
- You are shooting a digital SLR with a crop factor of 1.6 or 1.5.
- You may have heard of the basic concepts of photography but you may not understand how to use them regularly.
- You mostly want to take pictures as a hobby.
- You are more interested in "the how" and "the what" and less in "the why".
Here are some specific topics worth discussing. We discuss each topic very briefly and then provide quick tips on making the best use of that subject area. The discussion isn't supposed to be exhaustive but introductory.
- White Balance
- Camera Shake
- Tips for taking better pictures